Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tortilla Curtain Webquest


Immigration has to be one of the most widely talked about issues in this country today. Every single person has an opinion on it whether it be good, bad or indifferent. However, one other issue on the rise is violence against immigrants. There have been countless reports in the media about immigrants from different hispanic countries being severely harmed and even killed by white Americans. What I want you to think about is: "Do the people who commit these vicious crimes have any justification whatsoever? Do they have the right to harm these immigrants just because they are illegal? Do illegal immigrants have the same rights as us citizens in the United States?"

Here is what I want you to do:

1- I want you to read through some of the sources I have provided for you about the rising violence against illegal immigrants and think about the questions I have asked in the introduction.

2- I want you to find some of your own articles about the violence against illegal immigrants and add them to my delicious page (*** Just save a new bookmark to www.delicious.com/bernalca/camilawebquest)

3- Lastly, I want you to make a poster denouncing the violence against these illegal immigrants (or you can support it if you really want just as long as you are not too offensive) on PowerPoint (just upload it to your Google Docs and then add it as a link to your blog)



Here are helpful links:
- Check out Steph's Stuff if you're not sure about your opinion on immigration




1 comment:

  1. Great list of sources to use. The idea for your project is strong as well. I hope some take advantage of what you have to offer.

    29

    ReplyDelete